What about Swift?

Well, it is the nice engine. Do you plan to port it in on Swift? Both languages have a value semantic and generic polymorphism. And as I know, Swift doesn’t have any physics implementation engines.

Hi!

There is currently no plan for this as this would require a massive amount of work and I already have my hands full with the Rust version. Creating bindings (starting with C) is something that I will consider doing at some point though, so perhaps that’s something the Swift community could use?

1 Like

Not think so. Okay. Just, I try to realize the collision algorithm on Swift. May be could you recommend a science learning articles which you use for it?

“Real-Time Collision Detection” by Christer Ericson is a great book to start with. It had its own set of references you can read if you want to study some specific topics.

1 Like

It has C++ examples. C++ is your main language?

My main language is Rust, but C++ is a language I work a lot with too.
But the language the examples are written in are not really important. What matters in this kind of books is the theory behind those examples.

Why did your prefer Rust than C++? Is writing same engine in C++ more difficult? For instance Rust has not classes at all.

Writing the same engine in C++ would actually be more difficult. Rust has more modern constructs builtin like enums, traits, etc. And its memory safety mechanisms really help focusing on what matters instead of on some weird undefined behavior bugs.

Also Rust has a growing community I wanted to help grow further!